There are many good thickness gauges
available, but are they right for your application, budget and people?
Today's ultrasonic thickness gauges are smaller, lighter,
and easier to use than yesterday's model. They also offer longer battery life
and more stable, reproducible measurements.
Choosing the right instrument involves knowing
what is available. The following is a list of instrument features to choose
- Quick and simple fixed velocity and one touch probe zero.
(KISS type instrument)
- Adjustable Velocity
- Automatic Probe Zero, that continuously corrects for
changes in probe temperature and wear
- Scan Mode that intensifies the test and captures (displays)
the minimum thickness after you have scanned an area
- Adjustable power for testing hot or coarse grained
- Out of tolerance alarms
- Through coating measuring capabilities
- Simple data logging
- Full data recording with comment fields, A-Scan Capture,
- Computer interfacing with available software for reporting,
storing test setups as well as Process Safety Management Software