For measuring Ferrite content
The FERITSCOPE® MP30E Instrument
The MP30 Series Feritescopes has been replaced by the new FMP30 Feritescope.
The rugged FERITSCOPE® MP30E with plug-in type smart probe is suited for fast, non-destructive and accurate measurement of ferrite content on-site or in the lab according to the magnetic inductive method.
There are 2 versions:
- The "S" version has an RS-232 serial port for interfacing with portable printers and PC's.
- The "R" version has a radio transmitter that can send measurements or stored data wirelessly to a PC equipped with a Radio Receiver.
Applications include measurement of the ferrite content in:
- austenitic steel welds (of tubing etc.)
- normal construction steel with austenitic chrome
- alloy steel welded cladding (e.g., in boilers, vessels, etc.)
- duplex steel.
The calibration of the FERITSCOPE® MP30E is traceable to internationally approved IIW secondary calibration standards. The instrument therefore meets all requirements of ANSI/AWS A4.2 and DIN EN ISO 8249 as well as of the "Basler" standard.
The picture shows one of the 3 sets of available calibration standards with certificate for different Ferrite-value ranges. The instrument kit includes one set of standards. Specify Low, Medium or High Range when ordering or tell us the range of Ferrite values to be measured.
All Fischer calibration standard sets are traceable to internationally approved IIW secondary calibration standards from TWI/England. Please note that the below TWI standard set is used for laboratory calibration of standard sets and is not for the calibration of the MP30 instrument.