GM-2 AC & DC Gaussmeter
- Measures AC & DC fields
- peak hold feature
- detachable probe
- measures up to 30k Gauss
- manufactured in the USA
The Model GM2 measures the strength and polarity of magnetic field up to 30kG wth a standard probes Functions include DC, AC and peak hold along with a user-adjustable alarm which has three modes of operation. DC background field can be subtracted out either by pressing “Relative Zero” or by manually adjusting the offset.
The meter includes battery, AC adapter analog output jack and calibration certificate. If a standard probe is used, resolution is 0.1 gauss up to 19,999.9 gauss.The 5 ½ digit display allows measurement of tiny difference in strong fields. Above 20kG the meter auto-ranges to a 30kG range.
Interchangeable probes are available at two sensitivity levels: standard to 30k gauss and HS (resolution 0.01 gauss); these are available in universal (bendable), axial and transverse shape. Unless otherwise specified the Tangential Field Probe is included with the instrument.
- High dynamic range: can measure even a small variation in a large DC, AC or peak magnetic field.
- Programmable alarm will sound either if field exceeds a level you set or if the field is between lower and upper levels you set.
- Intuitive to use with rapid turn on, fast update. Begin reading DC field, AC field, or peak field just by turning the knob. No setup or calibration required.
- Peak hold function shows the highest DC level with fast 0.002 sec capture window; also displays polarity of the peak.
- Interchangeable probes: range 30k G with ST probes; 800 G (0.01 G resolution) with HS probes.
- Runs on battery or AC adapter (included).
- Includes analog output connector, certificate of calibration.
- CE Compliant.
- The ST-Probe measures all magnets, DC/AC electromagnets and solenoids. With the HS-Probe, parts can be rapidly scanned for residual magnetism. An alarm can be set to sound is any region exceeds a set threshold. “Peak hold” functions shows the maximum magnetism.
- Measures background (including Earth) field direction and strength, both DC and AC.
- Using the AC adapter, meter can be left on permanently to capture the peak field value (if at least (or 800 gauss (resolution 0.01 gauss) if an HS probe is used}.0.002 seconds in duration); can be read at any future time.