|The Sonotron Isonic AVT-Scan (Auto Velocity & Thickness Scanning System) is a software addition to any Sonotron instrument having two or more conventional ultrasonic testing channels. The most popular packages are:
- Isonic 2008/2 Portable, Conventional Multi-Channel Ultrasonic Flaw Detector and Recorder
- Isonic 2010/2/32:32 or 2/16:16 Measurements are made using 2 independent channels: Portable, Phased Array and Conventional Multi-Channel Ultrasonic Flaw Detector and Recorder.
The AVT-Scan combined with one of these instruments is a single instrument package providing all measurement, recording and reporting functions in a compact, battery or AC powered instrument.
The AVT-Scan system is fully compliant with TAPPI TIP 0402-16 requirements.
- The sound velocity is determined using a through-transmitted lateral (creeping) wave, based on the concept of the “Hartford Wedge” developed by the Hartford Steam Boiler Insurance Company.
- Thickness is measured using a Dual element probe, mounted between the lateral wave probes, and the velocity measured.
- The Probe Block incorporates two irrigation connections for tap water coupling.
Post-processing software allow reviewing 100% of all measurements at recorded sensitivity +/- 0 to 6dB. Each detail can be measured with width, depth and distance from origin.