James Instruments, Inc. V-Meter MK IV
The Most Advanced Ultra-Sonic Test System for Accurately Identifying Basic Characteristics of Coarse Grained Materials Such as Concrete, Wood, Masonry, Ceramic, Graphite and More!
The V-Meter MK IV™ is widely used and accepted for quality control and inspection of concrete. It can measure and correlate concrete strength to standard strength measurement, permitting non-destructive testing of complete structures. It will identify honeycombs, voids, frozen concrete, cracks and other non-homogenous conditions in concrete. Ultrasonic testing can be applied to new and old structures, slabs, columns, walls, fire damaged areas, hydroelectric structures, pipe, prefab and pre-stressed beams, cylinders and other concrete forms. A wide range of transducers are available.
V-Meter MK IV™ conducts ultrasonic testing of wood can nondestructively, detect knots, shakes, splits, grain orientation, windfall cracks and presence of decay and rot. Basic parameters such as modulus of elasticity and density can be calculated. Practical applications include field testing of utility poles and structures, grading in the manufacturing process, fire ladder inspection, examination of laminates and paper roll density. The velocity of ultrasonic energy pulses traveling in a solid material are related to the density and elastic properties of the material. The pulse velocity is a measure of density and elastic properties of the material. In transmitting ultrasonic energy through a coarse grained material such as concrete, ceramics or wood, it is necessary for the wave length of energy to be greater than the diameter of the largest grain particle. If it is not, all of the energy will be reflected back by the particles and none will reach the receiver. Typically, the 54 KHZ transducers are used for wood testing. The signal wave length is about 3 inches (75mm). Finer materials require higher frequencies for optimum resolution.
V-Meter MK IV™ has been successfully applied to a range of ceramic products including tile, refractory bricks and blocks, and kiln furniture, as well as graphite. In an increasing number of refractory and ceramic applications, the ultrasonic pulse velocity testing technique has been used with positive results. UPV testing has enabled users to improve their production processes, increase the integrity and quality of their products, and reduce scrap and reject rates, thereby saving both time and money. In today's economy, such bottom-line benefits are difficult to ignore.
Features & Benefits:
- System has a direct digital read-out of transit time and read out of wave form on daylight display, back lit LCD.
- Rugged and splash resistant case is built for tough construction environments. Portable and light weight with both rechargeable battery and standard A-C power.
- Includes a signal and trigger output for use with external oscilliscope or other data input device. Digital calibration means no special bar required. Trigger levels and Signal amplification can be digitally adjusted.
- Conforms to ASTM C-597, BS 1881-203 and other international standards
- USB interface for computer control. Velocilinx™ software allows complete control of the system, as well as, data upload to a PC and data analysis.
- Direct reading of calculated P-wave velocity and S-wave velocity. The unit can also calculate modulus of elasticity of material using optional S-Wave Transducers. Direct reading of Poisson's ratio
- A large range of Accessories and Ultrasonic Transducers are available. Standard Transducers available from 24KHz to 500 KHz enable the unit to test ceramics, graphite, mass concrete, pores, and wood. Exponential Transducers for rough surfaces, as well as underwater transducers are also available. Finally a Pre-Amplifier is available for help with long distances or highly attenuative materials.
V-C-400: V-Meter MK IV Complete System includes: 2 54 kHz Transducers and Velocilinx Software.
V-C-401: V-Meter MK IV System without Software includes: 2 54 kHz Transducers.
V-C-402: V-Meter MK IV Basic System includes: Velocilinx Software, but no Transducers.
V-C-403: V-Meter MK IV Basic System without Software: no software or Transducers.