MARK IV-B Magnetic Wheeled Crawler Inspection System
Offers a complete, portable AC powered, inspection and data recording system for ultrasonic thickness measurement of steel storage tanks, piping and other steel structures which are not easily accessible by normal methods,
The magnetic wheeled, steerable crawler vehicle is powered by two 12 VDC gear motors and carries a spring-loaded ultrasonic transducer and water line.
The operator can make a nearly continuous scan of a tank, top to bottom, from the ground through use of the crawler. Information gathered in this manner can be used to determine the probability of corrosion and pitting in an entire vessel.
The system is comprised of:
- Mark IV-B crawler vehicle
- StressTel T-Scope III digital ultrasonic thickness gauge with a large LCD A-Scan and digital thickness display, data storage, recording and transfer software, PC interface cable,
- 100 ft. long cable assembly
- AC and DC powered Crawler Control Module.
- The system includes NDT's CrawlerWare timed data recording interface for use with the Gridware 2000 software provided with the gauge.