James Instruments, Inc. Gecor 8
World's most advanced system for analyzing corrosion of concrete reinforcing steel in existing structures
James Instruments Gecor 8 represents the latest technology in steel reinforcing bar corrosion rate determination. It combines state of the art embedded microprocessor systems and computerized flash technology, with the world's leading research in reinforcing bar corrosion rate analysis.
The Gecor 8 features:
- A method for rapidly mapping a structure's corrosion rate. An advanced modulation confinement technique for precise corrosion rate analysis.
- A new corrosion rate analysis technique for use in wet or submerged structures.
- New methodology for measurement of cathodic protection efficiency and more.
The rapid mapping technique of the Gecor 8 allows the engineer to quickly classify areas of the structure, while the unit's built-in programming can graphically analyze the data and produce contour maps of suspected areas. Our advanced modulation confinement technique accurately measures the true polarization resistance of the steel reinforcing bar.
Combined with the latest advances in interface systems and database storage technology, the Gecor 8 is an easy to use, reliable, automatic and intelligent corrosion rate analysis system. A system that can save an engineer time, money and effort in evaluating structures for subsequent rehabilitation.
Features & Benefits:
- "giving the corrosion rate most closely matching the true value." (from the US Strategic Highway Research Program)
- Rapid mapping capabilities for analysis of large structures.
- Advanced method for more accurate corrosion rate determination.
- New sensor design for analysis of wet or submerged structures.
- New method for analysis of cathodic protection systems while the system is running.
- Personal computer software for data analysis and report generation.
- Graphical user friendly interface to facilitate measurements.